воскресенье, 12 октября 2008 г.

friend site web





��������������� The Shining is very nostalgic for me because it was the first ldquo;realrdquo; horror movie that I saw. I can still remember the night that I first viewed it. I was about eight at the time, and my older sister and I really wanted to see a scary movie. My dad (who isnrsquo;t going to win any Best Parenting awards with this story) said that he had a really good one that we could watch. He was a huge fan of The Shining because he and my mom had read the book years ago while they were working at a ski lodge. They say that because they were reading it, it was really scary for them to go down to the kitchen to get food at night.

��������������� �At the time that my sister and I saw the movie, keep in mind, our idea of a ldquo;scary movierdquo; was things like Goosebumps. Needless to say, after my dad showed us The Shining, we were terrified. In particular, I remember the scene with the woman in the bathroom REALLY freaking me out, and for a long time I got scared every time that I went into my bathroom. �

��������������� Ever since that night, I havenrsquo;t really been a fan of horror movies. However, it had the opposite effect on my sister, and she became obsessed with themhellip;which led her to force me into watching a ton of other movies based on Stephen King novels. I have seen Carrie, Thinner, Misery, Cujo, IT, and probably a few others that I am forgetting as well. I have also seen another version of The Shiningmdash;a made-for-TV movie. I wish that I could compare the two versions on here, but it has honestly been way too long since I have seen the other version. All that I really remember is that it is really long, Dannyrsquo;s interactions with ldquo;Tonyrdquo; are way freakier, and the hotel cook doesnrsquo;t end up dyingmdash; he is only injured by Jack.

��������������� Although I have seen The Shining several times since my first viewing, the experience was very different when I watched it this week for class. I had never really paid attention to the camera effects of the movie. Having just read the ldquo;Mise-n-scenerdquo; article, however, I was very aware of them this time. The effect that I found the most interesting was how the camera moved with Danny while he was riding his tricycle through the hotel hallways. �As Danny rode forward, the camera moved forward right behind him. Accompanied with the creepy music, this effect really added suspense. The viewer feels like they are traveling with him, and like something is about to creep out at them from behind the corner. I found it really effective. �


friend site web, friend site web zuma, friend sites.



Комментариев нет: